Here it is almost Friday again. You would think that staying home most of the time would make the time go by so slowly, but I feel like I’m flying on a jet plane the way the days are passing by for me! It seems like I just woke up and it was Monday.
This past weekend, I learned a new fancy fold for cards. I have been wanting to learn to make one for a few months now, but I’ve been putting it off because it looked like it was going to be very difficult. Let me tell you, this was one of the easiest cards I’ve ever made and it took me less than 30 minutes after I decided which paper I wanted to use! This card folds flat and fits in a 4-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ square envelope and it “pops” open when taken out. It’s perfect for displaying on a desk or shelf.
This post will be rather long because I’m including quite a few photos so you can easily see the steps to make it. You will want cardstock for the base of the card, designer series paper, foil for the panel behind the designer paper, and several scraps of Whisper White Cardstock for the 4 tabs, the greeting and sentiment. For this card, I’ve used Whisper White Thick Cardstock as the base, Brass Foil Sheets for the backing of each square of designer paper, and the Gilded Autumn Designer Series Paper for the outside panels (cubes) of the card.
1. Cut the Thick Whisper White Cardstock to 8″ x 8-1/2″. On the 8-1/2″ side, score at 2″, 4″, 6″, and 8″. Turn the paper the other way and cut at 2″ and 4″ all the way down. That will leave you with two 2″ strips and one 4″ strip.
2. Fold cardstock on all the score lines and place Stampin’ Seal+ or Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue on the 1/2″ fold on all three pieces. Fold each piece in half to adhere the ends together making 3 cubes.
3. Cut 6 pieces of the Brass Foil Sheets at 1-3/4″ x 1-3/4″. Cut 6 pieces of the Gilded Autumn Designer Series Paper at 1-1/2″ x 1-1/2″. Adhere the designer series paper on top of the Brass Foil squares.
4. Fold the 2 small cubes down flat and place your adhesive on one side of each cube. (I like to use Tombow Multipurpose Glue on almost everything because it remains wet enough for a few seconds so you can even up your pieces of paper, if needed.)
5. Flatten the tall, rectangular cube and adhere one of the smaller cubes to the left side of it, making sure the side of the cube and the center folds are even, and the adhesive side of the small cube is at the bottom. Adhere the second smaller cube to the right side of the tall, rectangular tube in the same way. When the cubes are adhered together, the card base will open and look like this. (Photo on the right)
6. Flatten out the card base and adhere the 6 designer paper squares to the 6 portions of the base.
7. Cut 4 pieces of Whisper White Cardstock at 3/8″ x 1-1/2″. Score and fold each of them at 3/4″. Place a 1/2″ piece of Seal+ or Multipurpoise Glue on on the left side of the fold and 1/2″ on the right side. (I’ve used Tear and Tape here so you could see it better.)
8. Adhere 1/2 of 2 of the pieces to the upper portion of the card to the left of the fold and 1/2 of another one on the right side of the fold as shown in the photo below. One side of each piece will be where your greeting is placed as shown in the right photo.
9. Place the other 2 pieces in the bottom portion of the card to the left and right of the center fold. It’s easier to place these tabs by sticking your fingers in the sides of the bottom cubes. This is where your sentiment will go.
10. Place 3 Embellishments on your card and you’re finished!
Purchase the items I used to make this card now so you can make one of your own. Make sure to use the Hostess Code when placing your order! The Hostess Code for the month of September is BQEUWTME. Use this Hostess Code when completing your on-line order of $45.00 of more (before tax and shipping) to receive this month’s Hostess gift. Do not use the Hostess Code if your on-line order is $150.00 or more (before tax and shipping). Just email me that you’ve placed your order on-line and I will send you this month’s gift, PLUS you’ll receive Hostess Dollars to purchase product out of any of the current Stampin’ Up! catalogs. This month’s Hostess gift is the Pearl Basic Jewels or Clear Rhinestones. I love them both because they can be colored with Stampin’ Blends or permanent markers to make lots of different colors! (If you check the “No Contact” button when placing your order, I will not have your address and won’t be able to send your gift!)
Please excuse the layout of this post. I’m still trying to learn this new program!
Stay safe and Healthy!
Please follow and like Classy Cut-ups Creations
Total Page Visits: 1623 - Today Page Visits: 6