I hope you all are having a great week! It’s been a busy one for me. I’ve cut all the cardstock and Designer Series Paper for my Forever and Always online class. I’m just waiting for all the stamp sets and dies to get here tomorrow and then they will be mailed out. I’m so excited – This is my first online class and I’ve had several customers purchase it! I can’t wait to hear what everyone says about it. If you purchased this class, a link for cards and the step-by-step video will be sent to you by email. You will also receive a PDF of the written tutorial, as well.
Now, for today’s video. It was actually supposed to be posted yesterday, but after I took the video I sat down to watch it and there was nothing there! I guess I didn’t push the record button before I started! I recorded it again today and noticed that there were a few mistakes where I called something by the wrong name, so please excuse the errors! I’m still working on not being nervous. You can see the video below. Please let me know what you think in the comments: what I did wrong, how I can make it better, etc.
Here are the instructions with all the measurements in case you didn’t get to write them down while watching the video.
1. Cut Cardstock:
Whisper White – 5″ x 7-1/2″; 2-1/2″ x 3″; 4 x 5-1/4″; 2″ x 6-1/2″ Bumblebee – 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″; 2-3/4″ x 3-1/4″
2. Score and fold large piece of Bumblebee Cardstock at 4-1/4″.
3. Score and fold large piece of Whisper White Cardstock at 3-3/4″.
4. Stamp the two chicks, the little chick with the birthday hat, the greeting and the sentiment in Momento Black Ink.
5. Color the chick with the Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral, and Ivory Blends. Color the top of the cupcake with Soft Suede Ink.
6. Die-cut the 2 large chicks using the coordinating Chick Dies and the Birthday Chick Dies.
7. Emboss the 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Whisper White Card Stock. Place the Bumblebee Gingham Ribbon around it and tie a bow. Glue it to the card front.
8. Adhere the 2-1/2″ x 3″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock to the 2-3/4″ x 3-1/4″ piece of Bumblebee Cardstock.
9. Place the birthday chick die-cut on this panel with Stampin’ Dimensionals and then glue the panel to the card front.
10. Place a light pencil mark 2/1/2″ down on the score line of the large piece of Whisper White Cardstock that goes inside the card. Mark 2-1/2″ to the left and right of the score line at the top of the piece of cardstock.
11. Score from the pencil mark on the left side of the score line to the pencil mark on the score line. Score from the pencil mark on the right side of the score line down to the mark on the score line. Fold at the score lines to make a “V”,
12. Place glue on the back of this piece of Whisper White Cardstock, making sure NOT to get any in the “V” area. Fold this piece and adhere it to the inside of the card base so that the fold lines are matching each other.
13. Place glue on the LEFT side of the chick die-cut and adhere it to the left side of the center score line of the “V”.
When purchasing the Stampin’ Up! products I used, make sure to use the Hostess Code for February – 6NDTKWX2.
Use this Hostess Code when completing your on-line order of $45.00 or more (before taxes and shipping) to receive this month’s Hostess gift. Do not use the Hostess Code if your on-line order is $150.00 or more (before tax and shipping). Just email me that you’ve placed your order on-line and I will send you this month’s gift, PLUS you’ll receive Hostess Dollars to purchase product out of any of the current Stampin’ Up! catalogs. This month’s Hostess gift is a package of the Pearl Basic Jewels.
If you check the “No Contact” box when placing your order, I will not have your address and won’t be able to send your gift!
To learn more about a product or to purchase it, just click on the photos below.
Thank you for visiting my blog today. Make sure to follow me and you’ll receive my blog posts by email.