Hello friends and happy Friday!
I’ve been asked to post a tutorial for this Four Fold Card I made a couple of weeks ago, so here it is! As usual, it looks a lot harder to make than it seems.
Here is the front of the card as it looks when it comes out of the envelope. It opens sort of like a booklet until you stretch it all out. (See photo below.) It does require a piece of 12″ x 12″ piece of card stock, but the good new is it fits in a regular envelope! I used Whisper White Cardstock (CS), Marina Mist CS and Night of Navy CS for the card base and the Mountain Air Stamp Set for the design on the card.
1. Cut one piece of Marina Mist Cardstock to 11-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ and another piece to 2-3/4″ x 4-1/4″ for the base of the card.
2. Score on the long side of the large piece of Marina Mist at 1/4″, 3-3/4″, and 7-1/4″. Turn the cardstock so that the 1/4″ score line is at the top of the scoring board. Score at 5/8″ from the top of the CS to the LAST score line and no further. This little strip will be cut off and it makes 3 of the 4 panels for the card. Make an accordian fold on the score lines with the largest panel on the bottom.
3. Put adhesive on the 1/4″ flap of this folded card and adhere the second piece of Marina Mist CS to the flap so that the bottom of it is even with the rest of the card base. Cut off the little piece of the flap that extends above it. This will be the front of the card when it is closed. You should end up with 4 panels for the card base as shown in the photo above.
4. Cut the CS for the next layer in Night of Navy Cardstock as follows and adhere it to the card base. You will have 5 panels to adhere.
2 pieces at 2-1/2″ x 4″. 2 pieces at 3-1/4″ x 4-3/4″. 1 piece at 4″ x 5-1/4″. Use the photo above as a guide.
5. Cut the Whisper White Cardstock as follows:
2 pieces at 2-1/4″ x 3-3/4″. 2 pieces at 3″ x 4-1/4″. 1 piece at 3-3/4″ x 5″. These are the 5 pieces you will be stamping on before adhering them to the Night of Navy panels.
6. I lined up the 5 panels of the Whisper White CS so the bottom of each piece was even. Then I stamped the mountain image in Marina Mist Ink across the 5 panels so they were even, as well.
7. Stamp the small trees in Just Jade Ink at the bottom of the mountains on all 5 panels. Lightly sponge Just Jade Ink below the tree line down to the bottom of the panels.
8. Stamp the clouds from the Mountain Air Stamp Set in Soft Sky Ink after stamping off some of the ink on a scrap piece of paper first. Stamp the birds in Momento black Ink.
9. Stamp 2 of the single trees in Just Jade Ink on scraps of Whisper White Cardstock and cut them out with the matching die from the Majestic Mountain Dies Set. Stamp 2 of the image with two trees in Just Jade Ink and cut those out with the matching die. Adhere all the trees on the inside panels with Multipurpose Glue or Stampin’ Seal. Adhere one of the larger trees to the front panel with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
10. Stamp the greeting on another scrap of Whisper White CS in Momento Black Ink and cut or punch it out as you like. Adhere it to the card front with Dimensionals.
11. Stamp the sentiment on a piece of Vellum Cardstock in Black StazOn Ink. (Make sure to let it dry all the way before cutting it out and adhering it to the back panel as shown below.) Adhere all 5 Whisper White decorated panels to the card base and you’re finished. It may sound difficult and I’m sorry I didn’t take photos of all the steps before I made the card. I will be sharing another Four Fold Card and I forgot to take photos of it, as well.
Get your Mountain Air Stamp Set and the matching Majestic Mountains Dies together in a bundle and save 10% of the purchase price now. This set is so versatile and you will love it for making single images, as well as scenic ones. Make sure to use the Hostess Code when placing your order! The Hostess Code for the month of September is BQEUWTME. Use this Hostess Code when completing your on-line order of $45.00 of more (before tax and shipping) to receive this month’s Hostess gift. Do not use the Hostess Code if your on-line order is $150.00 or more (before tax and shipping). Just email me that you’ve placed your order on-line and I will send you this month’s gift, PLUS you’ll receive Hostess Dollars to purchase product out of any of the current Stampin’ Up! catalogs. This month’s Hostess gift is the Pearl Basic Jewels or clear Rhinestones. I love them because they can be colored with the Stampin’ Blends or permanent markers to make lots of colors! (If you check the “No Contact” button when placing your order, I will not have your address and won’t be able to send your gift!)
Here are the products I used to make this card. You can click on each image to learn more about it and/or purchase it, except for the Marina Mist CS and Ink, which are retired. You could use Misty Moonlight of Balmy Blue instead.
Please follow and like Classy Cut-ups Creations
Total Page Visits: 986 - Today Page Visits: 1