Please follow and like Classy Cut-ups Creations
Hello friends and happy Friday!
I’ve been asked to post a tutorial for this Four Fold Card I made a couple of weeks ago, so here it is! As usual, it looks a lot harder to make than it seems.
Here is the front of the card as it looks when it comes out of the envelope. It opens sort of like a booklet until you stretch it all out. (See photo below.) It does require a piece of 12″ x 12″ piece of card stock, but the good new is it fits in a regular envelope! I used Whisper White Cardstock (CS), Marina Mist CS and Night of Navy CS for the card base and the Mountain Air Stamp Set for the design on the card.
1. Cut one piece of Marina Mist Cardstock to 11-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ and another piece to 2-3/4″ x 4-1/4″ for the base of the card.
2. Score on the long side of the large piece of Marina Mist at 1/4″, 3-3/4″, and 7-1/4″. Turn the cardstock so that the 1/4″ score line is at the top of the scoring board. Score at 5/8″ from the top of the CS to the LAST score line and no further. This little strip will be cut off and it makes 3 of the 4 panels for the card. Make an accordian fold on the score lines with the largest panel on the bottom.
3. Put adhesive on the 1/4″ flap of this folded card and adhere the second piece of Marina Mist CS to the flap so that the bottom of it is even with the rest of the card base. Cut off the little piece of the flap that extends above it. This will be the front of the card when it is closed. You should end up with 4 panels for the card base as shown in the photo above.
4. Cut the CS for the next layer in Night of Navy Cardstock as follows and adhere it to the card base. You will have 5 panels to adhere.
2 pieces at 2-1/2″ x 4″. 2 pieces at 3-1/4″ x 4-3/4″. 1 piece at 4″ x 5-1/4″. Use the photo above as a guide.
5. Cut the Whisper White Cardstock as follows:
2 pieces at 2-1/4″ x 3-3/4″. 2 pieces at 3″ x 4-1/4″. 1 piece at 3-3/4″ x 5″. These are the 5 pieces you will be stamping on before adhering them to the Night of Navy panels.
6. I lined up the 5 panels of the Whisper White CS so the bottom of each piece was even. Then I stamped the mountain image in Marina Mist Ink across the 5 panels so they were even, as well.
7. Stamp the small trees in Just Jade Ink at the bottom of the mountains on all 5 panels. Lightly sponge Just Jade Ink below the tree line down to the bottom of the panels.
8. Stamp the clouds from the Mountain Air Stamp Set in Soft Sky Ink after stamping off some of the ink on a scrap piece of paper first. Stamp the birds in Momento black Ink.
9. Stamp 2 of the single trees in Just Jade Ink on scraps of Whisper White Cardstock and cut them out with the matching die from the Majestic Mountain Dies Set. Stamp 2 of the image with two trees in Just Jade Ink and cut those out with the matching die. Adhere all the trees on the inside panels with Multipurpose Glue or Stampin’ Seal. Adhere one of the larger trees to the front panel with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
10. Stamp the greeting on another scrap of Whisper White CS in Momento Black Ink and cut or punch it out as you like. Adhere it to the card front with Dimensionals.
11. Stamp the sentiment on a piece of Vellum Cardstock in Black StazOn Ink. (Make sure to let it dry all the way before cutting it out and adhering it to the back panel as shown below.) Adhere all 5 Whisper White decorated panels to the card base and you’re finished. It may sound difficult and I’m sorry I didn’t take photos of all the steps before I made the card. I will be sharing another Four Fold Card and I forgot to take photos of it, as well.
Get your Mountain Air Stamp Set and the matching Majestic Mountains Dies together in a bundle and save 10% of the purchase price now. This set is so versatile and you will love it for making single images, as well as scenic ones. Make sure to use the Hostess Code when placing your order! The Hostess Code for the month of September is BQEUWTME. Use this Hostess Code when completing your on-line order of $45.00 of more (before tax and shipping) to receive this month’s Hostess gift. Do not use the Hostess Code if your on-line order is $150.00 or more (before tax and shipping). Just email me that you’ve placed your order on-line and I will send you this month’s gift, PLUS you’ll receive Hostess Dollars to purchase product out of any of the current Stampin’ Up! catalogs. This month’s Hostess gift is the Pearl Basic Jewels or clear Rhinestones. I love them because they can be colored with the Stampin’ Blends or permanent markers to make lots of colors! (If you check the “No Contact” button when placing your order, I will not have your address and won’t be able to send your gift!)
Here are the products I used to make this card. You can click on each image to learn more about it and/or purchase it, except for the Marina Mist CS and Ink, which are retired. You could use Misty Moonlight of Balmy Blue instead.
Please follow and like Classy Cut-ups Creations
Here it is almost Friday again. You would think that staying home most of the time would make the time go by so slowly, but I feel like I’m flying on a jet plane the way the days are passing by for me! It seems like I just woke up and it was Monday.
This past weekend, I learned a new fancy fold for cards. I have been wanting to learn to make one for a few months now, but I’ve been putting it off because it looked like it was going to be very difficult. Let me tell you, this was one of the easiest cards I’ve ever made and it took me less than 30 minutes after I decided which paper I wanted to use! This card folds flat and fits in a 4-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ square envelope and it “pops” open when taken out. It’s perfect for displaying on a desk or shelf.
This post will be rather long because I’m including quite a few photos so you can easily see the steps to make it. You will want cardstock for the base of the card, designer series paper, foil for the panel behind the designer paper, and several scraps of Whisper White Cardstock for the 4 tabs, the greeting and sentiment. For this card, I’ve used Whisper White Thick Cardstock as the base, Brass Foil Sheets for the backing of each square of designer paper, and the Gilded Autumn Designer Series Paper for the outside panels (cubes) of the card.
1. Cut the Thick Whisper White Cardstock to 8″ x 8-1/2″. On the 8-1/2″ side, score at 2″, 4″, 6″, and 8″. Turn the paper the other way and cut at 2″ and 4″ all the way down. That will leave you with two 2″ strips and one 4″ strip.
2. Fold cardstock on all the score lines and place Stampin’ Seal+ or Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue on the 1/2″ fold on all three pieces. Fold each piece in half to adhere the ends together making 3 cubes.
3. Cut 6 pieces of the Brass Foil Sheets at 1-3/4″ x 1-3/4″. Cut 6 pieces of the Gilded Autumn Designer Series Paper at 1-1/2″ x 1-1/2″. Adhere the designer series paper on top of the Brass Foil squares.
4. Fold the 2 small cubes down flat and place your adhesive on one side of each cube. (I like to use Tombow Multipurpose Glue on almost everything because it remains wet enough for a few seconds so you can even up your pieces of paper, if needed.)
5. Flatten the tall, rectangular cube and adhere one of the smaller cubes to the left side of it, making sure the side of the cube and the center folds are even, and the adhesive side of the small cube is at the bottom. Adhere the second smaller cube to the right side of the tall, rectangular tube in the same way. When the cubes are adhered together, the card base will open and look like this. (Photo on the right)
6. Flatten out the card base and adhere the 6 designer paper squares to the 6 portions of the base.
7. Cut 4 pieces of Whisper White Cardstock at 3/8″ x 1-1/2″. Score and fold each of them at 3/4″. Place a 1/2″ piece of Seal+ or Multipurpoise Glue on on the left side of the fold and 1/2″ on the right side. (I’ve used Tear and Tape here so you could see it better.)
8. Adhere 1/2 of 2 of the pieces to the upper portion of the card to the left of the fold and 1/2 of another one on the right side of the fold as shown in the photo below. One side of each piece will be where your greeting is placed as shown in the right photo.
9. Place the other 2 pieces in the bottom portion of the card to the left and right of the center fold. It’s easier to place these tabs by sticking your fingers in the sides of the bottom cubes. This is where your sentiment will go.
10. Place 3 Embellishments on your card and you’re finished!
Purchase the items I used to make this card now so you can make one of your own. Make sure to use the Hostess Code when placing your order! The Hostess Code for the month of September is BQEUWTME. Use this Hostess Code when completing your on-line order of $45.00 of more (before tax and shipping) to receive this month’s Hostess gift. Do not use the Hostess Code if your on-line order is $150.00 or more (before tax and shipping). Just email me that you’ve placed your order on-line and I will send you this month’s gift, PLUS you’ll receive Hostess Dollars to purchase product out of any of the current Stampin’ Up! catalogs. This month’s Hostess gift is the Pearl Basic Jewels or Clear Rhinestones. I love them both because they can be colored with Stampin’ Blends or permanent markers to make lots of different colors! (If you check the “No Contact” button when placing your order, I will not have your address and won’t be able to send your gift!)
Please excuse the layout of this post. I’m still trying to learn this new program!
Stay safe and Healthy!
Please follow and like Classy Cut-ups Creations