Sunny Days Are Here Again!

Hello Friends!

For those of you who don’t already know, I’ve had to leave sunny Florida Smiley from millan.netand come to Maine to help out my son and daughter-in-law.  She is going through some medical problems and needs my help with the children.

A few days before I left home in early April, I had been swimming in the pool and enjoying the sunshine.  The day I got to Maine, there were snow flurries! Smiley from millan.net Since then, there has only been 2 sunny days that were warm enough to get outside…until today! Today was gorgeous and I even got a tiny bit of red on my face.  My son grilled some chicken and we had a great day.  So, needless to say I did not make anything to share with you.

I do have something great to share with you, though!!  I just love Pinterest! I became a member when it first started, but until I came to Maine, I didn’t spend a lot of time on it.  In the past couple of weeks, I’ve pinned a lot!  There are some fabulous ideas, tips, Modge Podge Recipe on Classy Cut-ups Creationspatterns, crafts, etc. on there.  Well, I came across a pin for homemade Mod Podge.  Let me tell you, I use a lot of Mod Podge and it is kind of expensive when you use a lot of it!  So, I tried this recipe and it WORKS!  It works just as well Mod Podge!

All you need is a bottle of Elmer’s Glue (I will be buying lots of them when the school supplies go on sale in August!), a jar with a lid, and some water.

Pour equal parts of the Elmer’s Glue and water in the jar, screw the lid on and shake it up good.  You need to shake it Recipe for Modge Podge on Classy Cut-ups Creationsquite a bit to get it mixed up well.  Then decoupage or do one of the many other things you can do with Mod Podge, to your hearts content!

One of the things I use it for is to make wall art.  I buy canvas frames, cover them with scrapbooking paper or cloth and design them like some of my favorite cards and scrapbook pages.  I use stamps, chipboard, fabric, die-cuts, ephemera, etc.

Another thing I use it for is to alter clipboards!  You can decorate them and use them as picture frames, decorative wall hangings, or just as you would clipboards.  They are a lot Altered Clipboard by Classy Cut-ups Creationsof fun to make.  Here is one of the ones I’ve made and kept for myself.  It is about me and things that mean a lot to me and is called, “The Story”.  I have it hanging in my craft room above my desk.

I also cover a lot of boxes with paper and cloth…It works great on those, too!

Have fun with your homemade Mod Podge and let me know what you make!  I’d love to see your projects.

One last thing, to get weekly card making, scrapbooking, altered art, projects, and technique tutorials…Sign up now for the online Classy Cut-ups Creations Technique and Tutorial Class.  It starts Monday, 5-14-2012, but you may join at any time.  Find out more here.

This entry was posted in Anything But a Card, Clipboards and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Sunny Days Are Here Again!

1. maryam z says:

I love this. This would be a great craft to do with my children. I love the chipboard idea.

2. Terry Sudduth Duncan says:

Thank you! It would be great to do with children! Terry

3. That turned out really cool! Pinterest is amazing isn’t it? It’s hard to get off of there sometimes!

Good to find your blog! :)

I hopped on over from Katherine’s corner blog hop :)

You can visit me at onehouseonecouple

~Lisha

4. Terry Sudduth Duncan says:

Hi Lisha! Thank you! Yes, Pinterest is amazing. I have found so many things I want to make and do on there that I’ll be busy the rest of my life! Love your blog…so much information. Terry

5. katherine says:

looks great, I’m following you on pinterest! Thank you for linking to the Thursday Favorite Things Hop. I appreciate your bloggy friendship xo

6. Terry Sudduth Duncan says:

Thank you, Katherine! I’m so happy for the opportunity to make such wonderful bloggy friendships…thank you for the opportunity to do so! Terry

7. Britney says:

Hey this is a great idea! I love Mod Podge but hate the cost too. I have just one question though. I’ve read that Mod Podge has a type of varnish in it to keep from yellowing and I was wondering if you have noticed if your projects have yellowed at all. Thanks!

8. Terry Sudduth Duncan says:

Hi Britney,
    So far, I have not had anything yellow and it has worked on everything beautifully. Have fun creating!

9. Bonida Kimbrough says:

What can I use in place of liquid laytex to apply makeup for my little mummy? Can’t seem to find it here and don’t want him to breaf out or lose his face halfway through the night. Need to stick on paper and gauze.

10. B. Diederich says:

Having taught art for 20 years I can tell you that Liquid Laundry Starch is SO much faster/cheaper/easier and dries hard as iron–just pour some in a bowl and use as is. I think it costs about $3.29 a jug. At first, we used the scented kind, but the smell became overpowering in the artroom so we switched to ‘fragrance-free’. Dried glue is too hard to get off of tables/fingers for us! Anyway, you can also buy powdered laundry starch and boil some up–looks like clear pudding–but it is very hard to find anymore…

11. Kristie Holbrook says:

is this safe for baby’s to put in their mouth’s?

12. Mary murchie says:

Thanks for the recipe. I can hardly wait to try it. I have not crafted for awhile, but I am excited to get started.

13. Terry Sudduth Duncan says:

You’re very welcome! I’d like to see your results!

14. Pam Blanchard says:

I found your website by googling Mog Podge and Elmers Glue, I knew there had to be a substitute, as you said Mog Podge is expensive, and I didn’t have any and when I want to do a project I want to do a project, LOL. So here goes nothing….thanks for your helpful recipe…..I look forward to seeing more of your ideas (love the clipboard)